Feel the charm of the Ichijoji area, the town where the legend of Miyamoto Musashi’s duel remains, nature, history, and the gardens of the temple. Ichijoji Temple in Rakuhoku. On the west side, the Takano River, which joins the Kamo River downstream and becomes the Kamo River, flows, and on the east side, the beautiful mountain range that the Kyoto Round Trail Higashiyama Course passes through continues. In this way, it is also attractive that you can feel the beautiful nature close to you. The place name Ichijoji is derived from the name of the temple of the Tendai sect that was nearby from the middle Heian period to the Middle Ages. There is a legend that Miyamoto Musashi, a thug in the early Edo period, fought a duel under the pine trees in this temple, and the nearby eight major shrines preserve the old pine trees of that time. There are also temples with splendid gardens nearby. At Ichijoji, you can meet nature, history, and beautiful garden beauty.
Enjoy a fulfilling time while visiting the Shugakuin area, the Shugakuin Imperial Villa built by Emperor Gomizuo, being healed by the greenery of Mt. Hiei, playing in the park, and visiting temples and shrines. The greenery that surrounds the vast mountain villa Shugakuin Imperial Villa, which was built by Emperor Gomizuo from 1656 to 1659 (Meireki 2 to Manji 2), and the magnificence of Mt. Hiei spreading to the east. Appearance. Take a walk while being healed by such scenery, or play at Takara-gaike Park across the Takano River. There are also old shrines and temples such as Sekizan Zenin, where Fukurokuju, one of the Seven Lucky Gods of the capital, is enshrined, and Saginomori Shrine, which is one of the famous spots for autumn leaves along with Sekizan Zenin. On the day of Gozan no Okuribi on August 16, Matsugasakiyama, where “Myoho” is ignited, is also nearby.
Ichijoji Station is a station on the Eizan Electric Railway Eizan Main Line in Ichijoji Satonishi-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture. The station number is E04. The station name is derived from the place name of the station location. Ichijoji, the origin of the place name, was a temple that once existed here from the middle to the Middle Ages of the Heian period, but its detailed location is unknown. It has a two-sided, two-line platform.
Normally, the station has no station staff, but since staff are assigned only on weekday mornings and on Saturdays and Sundays when there are many customers, a ticket gate-shaped fence is installed at the entrance and exit of the platform bound for Demachiyanagi. The entrance is on the Demachiyanagi station side of the platform and faces the railroad crossing of “Manshuin Road”. The platforms for Yase-Hieizanguchi Station and Kurama Station cover almost all of the platforms, and the platforms for Demachiyanagi Station are covered with a shed that is about one car long, covering the entrance and exit of one-man cars.
The station faces Manshuin Road and is in the shopping district. Shops were lined up from the time of opening, but the postwar market was opened, and a bus route was also connected to Manshuin Dori. In the 1960s, the west side of the station developed as a shopping district and entertainment district with movie theaters and pachinko parlors, which were rare outside the city center at that time. Although it has declined since around 1980 and the movie theaters are closed, it still retains its appearance as a shopping district. Since it is within the commuting distance to universities such as Kyoto University and Kyoto University of Arts and Crafts, shops for university students are now conspicuous, especially along Tooji-dori, which runs on the west side of the station, there are many Kyoto ramen specialty shops such as “Ramen Street”. It is called “Ramen Highway” or “Ramen Ginza”. There are many tourist attractions in the vicinity, such as Shisen-do and Ichijoji-dorimatsu.
Shugakuin Station is a station on the Eizan Electric Railway Eizan Main Line located in Yamabana Itchoda-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture. Station numbering is E05. At the time of opening, it was about 100 meters north of the present, and the station exit faced the road behind Plaza Shugakuin, which is now in front of the station, and this was the street in front of the station. The station structure, wiring, etc. were almost the same as they are now. The station business and transportation-related offices are located on the west side of the station, near the current Kitayama-dori, and there were offices and warehouses between Rikyumichi and the Rikyumichi (current location of the Keifuku Mansion) across the station-front street. The back of the platform on the east side (currently the location of Kitayama-dori) was the back of the garage, and abandoned trolleys and parts were left on the overgrown railroad tracks.
It faces Kitayama-dori and is located at the northern end of Higashioji-dori. The Shugakuin garage is adjacent to the back of the Rose Mansion on the southeast side. In addition, Shirakawa-dori is on the east side of the station, and Kawabata-dori is on the west side. The former Ohara Highway, located on the northeastern corner of the Kyoto Basin, between Higashioji-dori and Kawabata-dori on the west side, is an old shopping district.
The immediate vicinity of this station is a commercial area where the Plaza Shugakuin on the east side of the station, the Fresco Shugakuin store adjacent to the west side of the station (there is also an entrance on the platform side), and several supermarkets are located, but a little away from the station. It is a residential area except along Kitayama-dori and Shirakawa-dori. The residential area on the east side is the largest within walking distance along the Eizan Electric Railway, and there are many tourist attractions nearby. Therefore, the number of transport personnel will be halved at this station. Matsugasaki Station on the Kyoto Municipal Subway Karasuma Line is about 800 meters west.
Kyoto International Conference Center
The Kyoto International Conference Center opened in 1966 in Takaragaike, a scenic city of Kyoto, as Japan’s only national international conference center. Since then, the Kyoto International Conference Center (COP-3) and the 3rd World Water Forum have been held. Many international and domestic conferences such as the Water Forum are held. In addition, by fully digitizing the audio, video, and simultaneous interpretation facilities, we can be proud of the world, which has a wonderful natural environment and abundant facilities, with a networked conference management system that connects each venue with the constructed optical fiber. It is an international conference hall. 20 minutes by subway from JR Kyoto Station to our hall. In addition, it is convenient for transportation, as you can reach the hotel within 20 minutes from each hotel in Kyoto city by using the subway Tozai Line.
A place name centered on Takaragaike, a pond in Matsugasaki, Sakyo-ku. The pond was created in 1763 (Horeki 13) as irrigation water. The circumference is 1.8 km. 1931 (Showa 6) Transferred to Kyoto City. Around 1949 (Showa 24) after the war, 430,000 square meters was developed as Takaragaike Park.
Kyoto City Sports Center for Disabled
As a base for promoting sports for people with disabilities, we have a pool, a gymnasium, a table tennis room, and a training room equipped with various exercise equipment. We also have meeting rooms and Japanese-style rooms for cultural activities such as seminars and club activities, and we also hold various sports classes, cultural classes and competitions.
Famous places and historic sites
The pond-style garden with the back mountain in the background and the stone garden on the front are completely different. The appearance of the maple of the passage connecting the two reflected in the room is called “floor maple” or “floor green”.
Manshuin’s garden is an elegant and cultural garden that makes you feel the rhythm of waka poems. The Tateishi beside Aoishi’s spectacular stone bridge symbolizes the dead waterfall. The balustrade at the edge of the Shoin, which has the image of a boat edge, is unique and has the taste of a ship that extends from this bank to the equinoctial week. Tsurushima and Kamejima of pine and cedar moss are arranged. The five-leafed pine tree in Tsurushima is 400 years old. There is a Christian lantern at the base of the pine tree.
Shugakuin Imperial Villa
A vast mountain villa built by Emperor Gomizuo at the foot of Mt. Hiei after the 2nd year of the Meireki to the 2nd year of Manji (1656-59). It is composed of three detached palace, upper, middle and lower, on a site of about 545,000 square meters, and all of them stand beside a pond surrounded by a quiet atmosphere such as a teahouse with a strange taste. The harmony between nature and the building is exquisite.
Tomomi Iwakura ghost old house
Tomomi Iwakura (Bunsei 8-Meiji 16, 1825-1883), a representative politician from the end of the Edo period to the Meiji era, was regarded as a samurai sect and temporarily lost his position due to the rise of the jōi movement and retired to Iwakura village. Was a residence for three years from the first year of the Meiji era (1864) to the third year of Keio (1867), and was designated as a national historic site in 1932. In addition, the Taidake Bunko was built in 1928 as an exhibition and storage facility, and still exhibits Iwakura Tomomi-related items. The building became a national registered tangible cultural property in 2007.
The garden of Konpukuji Temple is a simple dry landscape garden of Satsuki’s artificial hills and white sand. You can see the thatched roof of Bashoan with a simple atmosphere through the three-tiered hedge. The red plums and Japanese andromeda flowers are beautiful in March, and the sasanqua and autumn leaves are especially beautiful in November. You can get a panoramic view of Rakuchu from Bashoan.
Saionji Kinmochi’s Yoshi-roofed gate and tea room, a quiet garden, and Ueda Akinari’s tea room when you climb the stone steps. Take a cup of matcha in the four seasons at the main building, which was relocated from the old residence of Yodo Chaya.
Shisen-do is a mountain lodge of Jozan Ishikawa, a literary man in the early Edo period, located in Sakyo Ward, Kyoto City. It is designated as a national historic site. Currently, it is also a temple of the Soto sect and is called Jozan-ji. It was built in Kanei 18 (1641) at the age of 59, and Jozan lived a life of poetry here until his death in Kanbun 12 (1672) at the age of 90. If you go through the gate called “Koari-dong” and follow the road in the bamboo forest, you will find the gate called “Ouumeseki” on the stone steps, and the entrance to Shisendo. Above the entrance is a three-story “Hougetsuro”, on the right side (west side) is a tiled Buddha room and six tatami mats, eight tatami mats, and on the left side is a four and a half tatami mat room “Shisen no Ma” There are many rooms such as “ma”. Only the part between Li Bai and Shisen was built at the time of Jozan, and the others were renovated in posterity.
The garden designed by Jozan himself, who is also a master of gardening, can be enjoyed in each season, and is especially famous for the Satsuki in spring (late May) and the autumn leaves in autumn (late November), which is crowded with tourists. One of the highlights is the white sasanqua flowers with wide branches in front of the rim. It is said that the sound that occasionally reverberates due to a mechanism called Shishi-odoshi, which is generally known as Shishi-odoshi, is a practical accent to prevent the invasion of deer and wild boar, and also accents the quiet garden, and Jozan also liked it.
Kyoto Institute of Technology Museum of Arts and Crafts
The collection of the Arts and Crafts Museum, which is located almost in the center of the campus of Kyoto Institute of Technology, is centered on the collections since the founding of Kyoto Institute of Technology, one of its predecessors. The Kyoto High School of Crafts was founded in 1902, and it was decided that the first full-scale design education in Japan would be started in anticipation of new design trends in Europe. The collection is collected as a teaching material for design education, and covers a wide range of items such as paintings, sculptures, metalwork, lacquer work, ceramics, dyeing and weaving products, and archaeological products.
In particular, Asai Chu’s “Samurai Yamakarizu” was created as an original drawing (half of the actual one) of the woven wall decoration of the Tomiya Imperial Palace (currently the guesthouse), and a series of studies that are also stored together with this. Is a valuable resource that allows you to see the production process. The Art Nouveau poster collection from the end of the 19th century to the first half of the 20th century is also drawing attention. These are open to the public through special exhibitions about five times a year.
Kyoto University of Art and Design Art Museum
The Kyoto University of Art and Design Art Museum is a museum that permanently exhibits the works of the university. The main items are about 200 collections of Jomon pottery, accessories, clay figurines, etc. donated by the poet Sakon So, about 170 crafts along the Silk Road donated by archaeologist Namio Egami, and Kyoto College of Art. There are about 360 works by Naokichi Oe, a former president of the university, and Kunishu Toyohara, an ukiyo-e artist. Every spring and autumn, we plan to hold a special exhibition based on 550 clay dolls from all over Japan, including Fushimi dolls, and a collection exhibition three times a year. In addition, the museum is licensed as a museum-equivalent facility, and is also used for museum training in commuting and correspondence education at the university.
Kyoto Folk Art Museum
Opened in 1981. The hall is divided into 3 floors and exhibits various crafts such as pottery, dyeing and weaving, paintings, and woodwork from all over Asia, mainly in Japan. In addition, the storehouse building itself is valuable as an architectural culture.
Events / festivals
Tanukidani Fudoin Autumn Festival-Connected worship-
Tanukidaniyama Firewalking Festival
Taishan Prefectural Festival, Tango Daigoma offering
Regular festival, Shinko festival
Takeyama Osamu Treasure Exhibition
Saginomori Shrine annual festival
Matsugasaki title dance
A memorial service for the number of beads
New Year 8,000 pieces Daigoma offering
Asthma sealed loofah
Fire festival at Ishiza Shrine