Haenggung （수원 화성행궁， 水原華城行宮）, is a palace built within the walls of Hwaseong to house King Jeongjo when he was away from his palace in Seoul worshipping at his father’s tomb. When he was not in residence it was used by his delegated official as a base of government. Haenggung was also used for a 60th birthday party for King Jeongjo’s mother, Princess Hong of Hyegyeonggung, elderly citizens’ feasts and national exams.
The palace was built in 1789, but was expanded between 1794 and 1796 to house 600 compartments and in doing so became the largest haenggung in Korea.
Haenggung is a collection of 22 buildings, excluding the servants’ quarters, arranged in an approximately rectangular layout at the eastern foot of Paldalsan, the small hill on which the western side of Hwaseong stands. The entrance to the palace from the centre of town is the main gate, Sinpungnu, known as Jinnamnu when it was constructed in 1790 but renamed five years later under King Jeongjo’s orders.
Most of the palace, with the notable exception of Nangnamheon, was destroyed under the Japanese colonial period. Restoration work began in 1996 and the palace opened to the public in October 2003.
The Hwaseong Haenggung Palace is located on the flat ground where the slope spreads from the foot of the mountain at the top of Paldal Mountain. The structure is a long forward oblong structure.
There are Namgunyoung and Bukgunyoung on both sides of the main gate of Sinpungru. Pass left and right across the courtyard from left and right through Surrey Office, Spleen Office, and Deacon Office. Passing through this central gate, Bongsu-dang, the blackout of Hwaseong Haenggung, appears. Apart from Hwaseong Haenggung, Hwaryeongjeon is dedicated to Jeongjo ‘s defeat.
Shinpung-ru (新豐樓) is the main gate of Hwaseong Haenggung Palace.In 1790 (14th year of King Jeongjo), six gates were built and named Jinnam-ru. In 1795, Jeongjo ordered Kochi as Shinpung-ru, causing Cho Yun-hyeong to write the liquid again. The name ‘Shinpung’ originated from the test that an early Gozo had said that ‘The Wind Land is a new, another hometown’. When Jeongjo came in 1795, Jeongjo held a ceremony to distribute rice to the people of Hwaseongbu in front of Sinpung-ru and to boil and feed the hungry people. The middle gate is the fishery, where only the king can pass.
The left wing is the Jungsammun（左翊門）, which protects the palace by helping Naemsammun (앞에서 三門) in front of it. This is the second gate leading to Bongsudang, the main shrine of Haenggung, in front of Jungyangmun. The name of the door, ‘left’, means ‘helping by the side’, and the sum is written by Jeong Dong-jun as the name of Jeongjo. The end of the southern march is connected to the Outpost.
Jungyangmun（中陽門） is a Naemsammun that plays a role of protecting the Bongsudang, the blackout of Haenggung, right in front of the three gates of the palace architecture. Completed in 1790 (Jeong 14), there was a main gate in the middle and a lateral gate, and the entrance was controlled from side to side. In 1795, during the Bongsudang banquet, there were many royal family members including the King Jeongjo and Hyegyeonggung in front of the royal court.
Bongsudang(奉壽堂) is the blackout of Hwaseong Haenggung Palace and Dongheon building of Hwaseong Yuseongbu, also known as Jang Nam Heon.
In 1795, Jeongjo held the sixtieth birthday celebration of Hye-gyeong-gung Hong. At this time, Jeongjo wished the longevity of Hyegyeonggung and made Cho Yun-hyung write a signboard called Bongsu-dang, which means ‘to accept the number of years.’ He also instructed them to keep the items to be used at Bongsu-dang. It was.
The building was renovated on August 19, 1789, and completed on September 25. The Bonsudan destroyed during the Japanese colonial period was restored in 1997.
Yu Yeo-taek（維興宅） is a building where Hwaseong Yu-soo dwells, and Jeongjo stays at the time of arrival to greet his servants. It is between the East March of Bokdangdang and the Foreign Affairs Office. The name Yu Yeo-taek is named after “Large City,” which was given the name of Zhou Dynasty to enlarge the country and gave him a house.
Originally, it was established in 1790 (14th year of King Jeongjo) and named Eun Yak-heon (隱若軒). As a trend of the building, a space was added to the left to add a space.
When he came to Korea in 1795, Jeongjo received reports of various events at his house and dismissed them.
Gyeongryonggwan (景龍館) is an annex that also used as the outer door of Jangrakdang. ‘Gyeongryong’ refers to a large dragon that symbolizes the lord and is named after the palace where the party Taejong resided. Chungjo took a break in this building that borrowed the name of the palace of Taejong and tried to embody the peace of Joseon.
It was built in 1794 (Jeong 18) in a two-story structure. The second floor of the building has all floors to create a maru, and the first floor is made of three doors and named Jirakmun.
Jangrakdang (長樂堂) is the precipitation of Hyegyeonggung. Per jangryak is preached in reigned in Long Anjo ‘s palace and the Han Dynasty Empress to come in named for “jangrak Palace ‘was the abode of chastity and the origin of the Mansour mugang hyegyeonggung walked by writing directly to the pyeonaek. Indeed, in 1795 (Jung Joo 19), Hyegyeonggung stayed here during the ceremony of the cemetery, and Jeong Sang-si’s Sangyangmun gate said, “ Fortunately, I saw Tae-woo pay the first time when the luminous palace first took place. ”
Completed in 1794 (Jeongjeong 18) in the Hwaseong West Station, it was built to the south of Bongsudang. It overlaps the southwest roof of Bongsudang.
Boknaedang (福內堂) is the inner temple of Haenggung, where Jeongjo stayed, and is located to the south of Jangrakdang. It consists of two buildings. Sangyangmun was built by Min Jong-hyun in November 1796. The name of Boknadang means “Bok is born from within.”
It was built in 1790 (14th year of King Jeongjo) as the inner child of the new town of Suwon.
Nak Nam Heon
Naknamheon (洛南軒) was the only building that remained undamaged when the Hwaseong Haenggung Palace was demolished during the Japanese occupation. The name of Naknamheon is named after Huhan ‘s Gwangmuje, who moved the city to Luoyang and named the palace ‘Nanggung’. Various events were held here in Naknamheon during the 1795 (Jeong-do 19) ceremonies. Chastity is to commemorate the hoegapyeon of Hong hyegyeonggung was a military pension and the annual dinner of here, especially the past against the test were selected for 5-door and name mugwa 56 people were here to events that geupjeja down to a warrant of fitness.
It was completed in 1794 (Jeong 18).
Songdang (老來堂) was a building where Jeongjo retired from the throne and dreamed of retirement. It was used to relax during various events held in Naknamheon and Deukjungjeong. It turns out to the right at Bongsudang, the party of Hwaseong Haenggung. When the palace was extended in 1794, it was newly renovated to 5 spaces and 7 spaces. It is connected to Naknamheon to the north and leads to Deungjungjeong to the south.
Song is derived from the poem of the Tang poet Baek Gei (白居易), who says, “If you are old, leave your destiny and live comfortably.”
Deukjungtung (得中亭) is a sperm set up to shoot a bow. Jungjo used to take archery every time he came. In 1790 (Jungjo 14), the newly made sperm shot four bows and hit all four. Deukjungjeong is named after gain and middle in the phrase, “If you shoot a bow, you can be blessed. It is attached. Pyeonyang was written and written by Jeongjo, and Sangyangmun was written and written by Hongyangho.
The deacons are the ones who take care of the owner and take care of the household.The deacons in Haenggung keep the liquid crystal books of the palace, the pens and ink of the king, and the crampons. It is a building used by deacons who have seen miscellaneous office work such as offices that manage facilities and equipment. As soon as you pass Sinpungru, it is on the right. It is located in the northeast wall outside the left wing and built in 1789. Like most buildings in Hwaseong Haenggung Palace, it was completely destroyed during the Japanese colonial rule and restored in July 2002 as two buildings. In front of the deacons is a zelkova tree that is over 600 years old, before the palace was built.
Bukgun- young (北軍營) is a building where 100 soldiers are employed by the pro-military army, which was the horseman of Jang Yong-young. It is on the right side facing the Sinpungru. In 1798 (Jeong-22), according to the reorganization of Jang Yong-yeong’s military camp, the left and right trains were broken, and the order of entry number 1, 2, and 3 was decided and placed in both camps each year.
It was first built in 1789 (Jeong-do 13), and in 1794 (Jeong-jo 18), it was enlarged to the left and right, with 62 squares.
Namgunyoung (南軍營) is a building guarded by 200 members of the Jang Yong-o-young, like the Bukgunyoung. Namgunyoung is located on the left side when facing Shinpungru.
The building was first built in 1789 (13th year of King Jeongjo) and was expanded in 1794.
Surrey is a building used by frosts. Frost is the field in charge of recording, receiving and issuing documents. Located in front of the Mt. The former Geumdocheong building was used as Yicheng, and the building was expanded and used. It was used as a Suragan in 1795 at the Cemetery.
Secretary of State
The secretary was a barrack carried by local officials, such as an observer or a thief, and in the late Joseon Dynasty, it was customary to have a spleen even as a leader in defense. Bijangcheong (건물) was used by the secretaries of the Hwaseong Fortress, and is a south-facing building in front of Oejeong-ri.
Originally built in 1789 (Jeong-do 13), in 1796 (Jung-jo 20), the building was repaired and converted into a bureau.
The Labyrinth Limited is a sperm made in support of Haenggung. It was on the western side of the patron, and the word labyrinth limitation means sperm to rest in the future. Together with the karaoke party, Suddenly (1804) is the name that contains the meaning of the chastity of going to the three children and going to Mars.
It was built in 1790 (Jeongjo 14), and it is also known as a ‘hexagonal tablet’.
Naeposa Temple was located about 50 steps (59.4m) north of the maze limit on the left foot of the back wall of the palace. It is 7 ships 5 villages (2.32m) high. However, only one ondol was placed, and a half-block bite was used to lay the bricks.
It was completed on September 9, 1796.
Foreign Affairs Office
The Foreign Affairs Office was a temporary institution established in December 1794 to prepare for various events to be held in Eulmyowon in 1795. After the end of the Hwaseong sanctuary, it was named an office and was prepared for the event when the kings of all generations came. The first cleanup center was in Jang Yong-young, Nae- young. When the palace was completed in 1796, an outer office was set up in front of Yu Yeo-gu, and the amount of ‘external ria gate’ was attached. Former foreign appointees were usually held by a favorable letter, but Mars was also well-known on Mars.
Hwaryeongjeon (華寧殿), No. 115, is a building built by Hwaseong Haenggung in 1801 (the first year of Sunjo) and built next to Hwaseong Haenggung. The shrine is usually a distinct building from the shrine where the priests were enshrined for the rituals, where the portraits of King Wang were remembered as if they were alive. It is named after the commander in the phrase “ Hwa ” on Mars and “ I will return to greet my parents. ” Hwaryeongjeon is the representative wartime of the Joseon Dynasty, which was made simple and elegant under the will of King Jeongjo.