Hallingdal Museum Nesbyen (formerly Hallingdal Folkemuseum) is an open-air museum at Nesbyen within Nes in Buskerud, Hallingdal Museum in Nesbyen, founded in 1899 as Hallingdal Folkemuseum, was among the first open-air museums in Norway. The former district-museum is now part of Hallingdal Museum, a coordinating entity for the six local museums in Hallingdal. The museum has 30 historic buildings and some 30,000 artifacts from the region of Hallingdal.
The museum consists of several branches located in different municipalities: Dagali Museum (Hol municipality), Gol Bygdetun (Gol Municipality), Hemsedal Bygdetun (Hemsedal municipality), Hol Bygdemuseum (Hol municipality) and Ål Bygdamuseum (Al Municipality), as well as the former mountain farm Dokken Fjellgard at Sudndalen in Hol. All museum departments in Hallingdal have a main emphasis on the farm culture of the 17th and 19th century.
Buildings and objects have been collected throughout Hallingdal to represent different time periods. Staveloftet, a medieval storehouse from mid 1300s, is the oldest in the collection. More of the houses have rose painted decoration and fine wood carvings.The collection reflects life in rural Norwegian settlements in the 17th and 18th Century.
Houses and buildings, 1340 – 1900
National costumes, rural costumes and clothes, approx. 1800 – 1970
Items approx. 1700 – 1970
Birgit Hagen, tapestries, embroideries and paintings.
Eilif Peterssen, drawings.
Magne Galaaen, paintings.
Dagali Museum is located in the middle of the Dagali mountain village. Here are the buildings and objects from Dagali, Skurdalen, Tunhovd and Uvdal. Most of them are in Numedal tradition, since Dagali until 1944 belonged to the municipality of Uvdal. The museum is built as an old farmhouse with nine different farm buildings from Dagali, mostly from the 1700s and 1800s. In addition, you will find the old school room from the village, and an exhibition building with art collection. You can see the old houses at Dagali Museum here at the Digital Museum.
Dagali Museum was originally a private collection. Teacher and fane jumper Gunnar Stensen started collecting objects around 1900 and buildings from around 1920 onwards, and then built the collection on his own farm, Fagerlund. In 1947, he testified the entire museum to the village, and the Dagali Museum Association was founded to drive it further.
Every summer, renowned artists put in the Kjønaas staff cage. The Museum Day during Dagali Day in July has become a nice tradition.
ÅL BUILDING MUSEUM
Here is the right to experience both nature and cultural history. It is situated in a hillside 1.4 km north-west of Ål center and is surrounded by forests, fields, fields and ancient stone walls overlooking Strandafjorden, Sangefjell, Vestlia and the city center.
The museum has 32 old houses. Stolphus, loft, barn, smith, creek guard, bathing chairs, shoulder straps and bows, as well as small and large farmhouses, with and without rose measurements. You can see the old houses at Ål Bygdamuseum here at the Digital Museum.
Activities like “Mother Earth Day”, May 17th, Comedy, Fall Day, Beat Day, Environmental Days, Fall Cake Party and Advent Arrangement, is the right to attend. At the house man’s place, the museum has a cultural-historical activity area “Food from Earth to Table”, which is mainly offered for skull classes.
Groups can also turn around without opening hours.
GOL BUILDING MUSEUM
The last farmer at Skaga transferred the garden to Hallingdal Høgskulelag, which built a public shelter here in 1958. The old gardening community with a museum – with stugu, loft, stoolhouse, barn, wooden stables, fireplaces and bowls. The museum has later got a bathing suit (from Trondsgard) and a millhouse (from Brennhovd), a log house with built-in barn (from Turhusvollen on Habbeset) and feather lamb (from the Sjauset), beyond the shrug (from Grønlio).
Gol Bygdemuseum is a great hiking destination and the yard can be visited at any time. Fridays in July are open to the public. For groups it is possible to tour tours at other times.
HALLINGDAL MUSEUM NESBYEN
Hallingdal Museum Nesbyen, formerly Hallingdal Folkemuseum founded by Agriculture Director Gudbrand Tandberg in 1899, is one of the oldest open-air museums in Norway. It was until the 2004 district museum for Hallingdal. After this, the museum at Nesbyen is the administration center of Hallingdal Museum, which is again part of the Buskerud Museum.
In the museum area at the picturesque waterfalls of Rukkedøla there are 30 antique buildings and approx. 30,000 objects from all over the region. The “Staveloftet” from Ål was built around 1340 and is today one of the country’s best preserved non-ecclesiastical wooden houses from the Middle Ages.
In the museum there is another rarity, “Emigranthuset”, a residential building built in North Dakota in 1882 by Emigrated Ole Svendsen Skrattegard. Ole was married to Gro Nilsdatter f. Gudmundsrud from Ål. They traveled newlyweds to America. Gro died in 1878 after the 10th childbirth in just 16 years. Ole then moved from their farm in Iowa to North Dakota where he built the house you can see today.
Other buildings that you can see at the museum include Lieutenant School from 1871, an expedition from the Liodden railway station, a seterbu built as a living room, a revelation, Nes mill and beautifully refurbished living rooms.
Hallingdal Museum Nesbyen is located in the extension of the “Old Nes”. Today, a living environment, but also a well-preserved part of Nesbyen’s history as a center for the government of Hallingdal. Ove Gude was a few years Sorenwriver here. The son, Hans Gude, who then graduated from painter in Dusseldorf visited the parents several times, both with and without artist colleagues. Along the waterfalls in Rukkedøla they found many motifs, and reproductions of some paintings can be seen in summer along the so-called “Godestien”, which stretches along the museum council and into the Old Nes.
Throughout the year various theme days are held at the museum. The Green of the Field, Christmas at the Museum and Winter Day. Every Wednesday from the end of June to the beginning of August, old handicraft traditions appear in the houses and museums. The old country trade is open and offers a varied selection of goods. The girl in StaveloftetFortellerteatretet “Girl in Staveloftet” is inspired by the legend of the girl who survived the Black Death in the ceiling of the farm. The show will be shown in Staveloftet these Wednesdays.
Energy sources “Energy sources” in the old rural community are the museum’s activity area, where there are interesting tasks for people of all ages. In a quiet arm of Rukkedøla there is a mini-reflux facility where children accompanied by adults can try out as timber floats. Fløterhaker is loaned to the museum shop, which in addition has a great product range. In the same building you can visit the regular costume exhibition and changing exhibitions.
Nes Museumslag is of great importance for the activity of the museum. The team owned until 1999 Hallingdal Folkemuseum. Then the museum became a public foundation and in 2004 it was part of the Hallingdal Museum Foundation. Other important partners are Nes Husflidslag and Nes Historielag.
Bygdatunet Upper Løkji is one of the oldest gardening in Hemsedal. It probably has been our gard on this side of the people’s migration time. Buildings, trusses, stables, barns, barns, stables and smiths are written between 1642 and 1876. A bathing ladder and a walkway from Grøndalen are set up outside of the yard, just like a trunk from Lykkja. The house with houses and houses yielded a good dime on the street. It was on a gard in Hemsedal in the 1600s, 1700s and on our own time.
From the yard you walk an old road to Skogshorn. He has become a popular hiking trail, such as leads to Geiteberget, Storhøvde and Skurvefjell.
The cultural landscape that belongs to the garden has been most unchanged through hundreds of years. Steingards and wreckers tell about worn people have been cleaning up the cultivated soil in the steep hill. The forest has been eating on the farmland for decades, but restoration, care and pastures are about to open up. The culture landscape of Upper Løkji is of “special national interest”
HOL BUILDING MUSEUM
Husa is from different cities in Hol Municipality, most of which are from the 1700s and 1800s. Innhusa stands out in the museum garden: Sitting Chair (from Sveingard), Stasstuga (from Nestegard) – Rose Maler of Kitil Rygg, and Kårstugu (from Raunsgard) – Rose Maler by Kristen Ånstad. Nedafor stands outhouse: chair house, loft, barn, barn and barns. The kitchen, bathroom and bathing chair are still far away due to a fire hazard with such houses. The mill house is also outside of the yard, Sameleis and a booth.
Nedafor tunet is a house house with 3 houses: stugu, chairhouse and barn (with barn below). These 3 houses stood earlier in Meiebakka in Mogrenda.
In addition, there is exhibition building with m.a. soft rose measurement and building features.
Hol Bygdemuseum was the ship of interested settlers at a meeting on 8 November 1914. At the meeting there was a lead offered to buy Nestegardstugu. In 1917, this sign of the museum, the village deputy, made an additional contribution to the purchase. One plan to get an old holingsgard with everything that belonged to, where added. The museum was run by volunteers of fire till 1973, where it was municipal. Since 2004, the association Hallingdal Museum has been responsible for the operation.
Hol Bygdemuseum also has some parts of other towns in the municipality:
Dokken in Sudndalen: Hol municipality took over the dock in Sudndalen in 1959. Here are the old houses of the same city as they built in 1795-1798: Stugu (lofty), stools, barns, barns, stables and firehouses. An old bathing suit was bought once after the municipality took over the garden. Smiu was built in 1985, ho is seen on old walls. Both the loft yard, the barn and the barn’s barn are lap of cleft timber. In the late 1700s, they had a very heavy timber in Sudndalen.
In Hovet: Skullstugu in the North Hovet, built in 1880-1882, used to 1948 and a little stugu after the Øvrevollseie family.
At Øvremyro in Holet: Arbor and chairhouse.
Close to Gamlekyrkja: Tingstugu, built around 1815. Here the church bowlmouse could walk in to warm before and after the fair, and here young people dance when they were crazy.
Prestestugu, built in 1844. Here the priest commanded the embassy trips to Hol. (Hol was annex to Ål headquarters until 1870.)