Walk while feeling the history of Fushimi Castle and the end of the Edo period, along with the Fushimi area, a sake brewery with abundant high-quality groundwater, and the history of water. Fushimi is so famous as a town of famous water that it was once written as “Fushimi”, and it is also known as a sake brewery. As you walk around the town, you can see many sake breweries, and you can also see the sake breweries over the moat river, which is the outer moat of Fushimi Castle built by Toyotomi Hideyoshi. There is still something related to Fushimi Castle, and the 400-meter-long Fushimi Otesuji Shopping Street is built on the road leading to the front and main gates of Fushimi Castle. In addition, you can see the Teradaya where Ryoma Sakamoto stayed and the monument to the battle of Toba-Fushimi, and you can feel not only the appearance as a sake brewery but also the history of Hideyoshi’s era and the end of the Edo period.
Fushimi Ward is one of the 11 administrative districts that make up Kyoto City, and is located in the southern part of Kyoto City. In the olden days, paddy rice cultivation began early in Fukakusa in the Kyoto basin, and Fushimi Inari Taisha, the head office of Inari Shrine, was founded by Mr. Hata, a migrant family, until Hideyoshi Toyotomi died here during the Azuchi-Momoyama period. In the meantime, Fushimi Castle and Daimyo Mansion Group will be formed in Momoyama as a major political city, and Fushimi, a castle town centered on major sources, will be formed in the lowlands along the Yodo River extending to the west.
In the early days of the Tokugawa Shogunate, the first Ginza was placed under Fushimi Castle, and the shogunate from Ieyasu Tokugawa to Iemitsu III was also held at Fushimi Castle, which was the political base of the Shogunate. Even after the abandonment of Fushimi Castle, Fushimi Bugyo was placed and prospered as an important port town (Fushimi Port) and post town (Fushimi-juku) of Yodogawa Water Transport. Until the early Showa era, it was a separate city independent of Kyoto. It is also known as the place where Ryoma Sakamoto and other scholars of the debate played an active part in the late Tokugawa period.
It was connected to Kyoto by a highway and the Takase River, and in the Meiji era, the Kamogawa Canal and railroads were opened early, and goods were transported from various places to Kyoto, and industries such as sake brewing were also thriving. Since it was incorporated into Kyoto City in 1931, the surrounding urban area has progressed, and the color of “the suburbs of Kyoto” has become deeper. In addition to Fukakusa and Fushimi, the ward includes areas such as Yodo, which prospered as a castle town, and Daigo, where Daigoji Temple is built. The western and southern parts are lowlands of the Yodo River system, the central part is Mt. Inari and Momoyama hills that continue from Higashiyama, and the eastern mountainous part extends to the border of Shiga prefecture.
Momoyama Hill, which has the largest population among the 11 wards of Kyoto City and was home to aristocratic villas during the Heian period and samurai residences after the Tensho period, is still used as a residential area, but most of it is still used. The vast green area of Momoyama Goryo spreads out and serves as a source of abundant underground water used for sake brewing. While it is a commercial base that inherits the tradition of the castle town, it has the character of a commuter town to the city center of Kyoto and the direction of Osaka. The place name of Momoyama, where Fushimi Castle was located, is the origin of the names such as “Azuchi-Momoyama period” during the Oda / Toyotomi administration period and its culture “Momoyama culture”. It is said that it has been fixed and spread since it was published.
Major rivers such as the Katsura River and the Uji River flow through the ward, and since ancient times it has prospered and developed as a base for water transportation centered on Fushimi Port. It is known as a place with abundant high-quality groundwater, as it was once described as “Fushimizu”, and the brewing industry has developed by utilizing this groundwater, making it a representative industry of Fushimi, which boasts one of the largest production volumes in Japan. ..
In addition, agriculture also boasts the largest area of cultivated land in the city, where rice, vegetables, flowers, etc. are produced and play a major role in providing fresh agricultural products to the citizens. In the ward, resources such as shrines and temples, sake breweries and historic sites, townscapes that retain the atmosphere of former castle towns, gate towns, and port towns, festivals and traditional events are inherited.
The main ones are Daigoji Temple, which is also registered as a world cultural heritage, Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, which is known for its prosperous business and the god of fertility of five grains, Hokaiji Temple with the national treasure Amida-do and Amida Nyorai sitting statue, and the famous water hundred of the Ministry of the Environment. Mikamiya, where the pure water of the selection springs out, Fujinomori Shrine, where hydrangeas bloom in June, Jonangu Shrine, which is known as the god of expulsion, Sekihoji Temple, which is known for the 500 Rakans of Ito Wakaoka, and the sake brewery in the Minamihama area. There are the streets of Yodo Castle and the ruins of Yodo Castle.
Kyoto City Environmental Conservation Activity Center
It is an environmental learning facility where children and adults can enjoy learning. In the environmentally friendly three-story building, there are various exhibits from global warming to garbage problems, and volunteers also provide guidance. Creatures can be seen in the fields and biotopes on the roof. We also hold environmental events such as crafts, cooking, and movie shows where you can enjoy learning. Why don’t you think about the environment and familiar life together in Kyoto, where the Global Warming Prevention Kyoto Conference (COP3) was held?
A racetrack located at the southern end of Kyoto City, featuring a slope at the third corner called “Yodo no Saka”. It has a capacity of 120,000 and its main races include the Spring Emperor’s Award, the Autumn Autumn Flower Award, the Kikuka Award, the Queen Elizabeth Cup, and the Mile Championship. In the green plaza that can be enjoyed by families, there are many large facilities such as the “fluffy dome”, which is one of the largest in western Japan. There are also horse riding events such as a pony test drive event where you can interact with horses.
It is a pleasure boat with a capacity of 20 people, which is a houseboat specification, and not only announces the history and highlights of Fushimi on board, but also a veteran captain guides you. You can fully enjoy the history of Fushimi in about 45 minutes. The feature is that you can enjoy the scenery of each season, and you can feel the changing seasons with cherry blossoms in spring, hydrangea in early summer, and autumn leaves in autumn. There is also a tour of the Misu Lock Museum on the way.
Kyoto Municipal Science Center for Youth
A facility that nurtures a “science mind” while having fun. Many of the exhibits and specimens are developed by center staff so that visitors can learn through their experiences. At the planetarium, we independently produce programs that include seasonal constellations and the latest astronomical information, and provide live commentary. There is also a “butterfly house” where you can see butterflies from Okinawa. “Fun laboratory” and “Science time” are also held on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, and during summer vacation.
Kyoto City Kuretake Culture Center
As a base for cultural activities in the southern region, Kuretake Culture Center is the second regional cultural center in Kyoto City, which is a facility that can be used for performances such as music, drama, dance, and other cultural events, as well as classes, training, and conferences. Opened in August 1990.
Famous places and historic sites
Fushimi Inari Taisha is a shrine located in Fushimi-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture. One of the Shikinai shrine (Meishin Taisha) and the Nijunisha (upper seven shrines). The old shrine was a large shrine, and now it is a stand-alone shrine that does not belong to the Association of Shinto Shrines. The head family of Inari worship, which sits at the western foot of Mt. Inari, the southernmost sacred mountain of the 36 peaks of Higashiyama in the Kyoto Basin. The belief originates from worshiping the three peaks of Mt. Inari as the god itself. At first, it was enshrined as a god of agriculture, and later, with the addition of the character of the breeding industry, it received the deep faith of the general public. Due to the auspices that the god landed on Mt. Inari, the day of the first day of February is crowded with many worshipers since ancient times. Sei Shonagon describes his Inari pilgrimage in “The Pillow Book”, and often appears in classics such as “Kagero Nikki” and “Konjaku Monogatari Shu”.
During the Heian period, when it became a guardian shrine for the construction of Toji Temple (Kyooh Gokokuji Temple), it expanded its belief in connection with Shingon Esoteric Buddhism, gradually raised its deity and lined up at the “Engishiki” Meishin Taisha Shrine in Tengyō 5 (942) Year), I got the highest rank of the first place. During this period, the Minister of the Left, Fujiwara no Tokihira, trained three shrines in Engi 8 (908) (“Annual Event Secrets”), and then Minamoto no Yoritomo and Ashikaga Yoshinori were involved in the construction and repair of the shrine. All burned down in the turbulence. After the turmoil, reconstruction began under the encouragement of a shrine priest, and the shrine was relocated in 1499. Until the early modern period, these priests were said to have been greatly involved in the spread of the Inari faith and the formation of the Inari class.
Due to the Meiji government’s decree to separate Shinto and Buddhism, the temples in the precincts as well as the main office were all abandoned, while the dedication of torii gates and the construction of private “Otsuka” by worshipers became prominent in Mt. Inari, and the current Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine It became a feature of. On the final day of the Inari Festival, there is a ceremony in which the monks of Toji line up offerings in front of the east gate (Keigamon) and read the sutras to the mikoshi of the returning shrine, which conveys the deep relationship between the two shrines and temples. There is.
The Inari Oyama Tour is behind the main shrine of Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, and Inari Mountain is the landing site of the Inari Okami, and it is a mountain tour to visit the peaks. There are many shrines and mounds on the mountain. Vermilion torii gates line up on the approach to the mountain like a tunnel. 4 km around the mountain, about 2 hours.
Gokonomiya Shrine is a shrine located in Fushimi Ward, Kyoto City. It is a shrine in the ceremony, and the old shrine is a prefectural shrine. Known as Gokonomiya, Gokonomiya. It is a local god in the Fushimi area. Empress Jingu is the main deity, and the husband, Emperor Chuai, the child, Emperor Ojin, and six other gods are enshrined. From the mythical tradition of Empress Jingu, she gathers faith as a god of safe delivery. In addition, a garden that is said to have been built by Kobori Enshu in the Fushimi Magistrate’s Office has been relocated to the office.
Gokonomiya Shrine Ishiba relocated the garden created by Kobori Enshu in the early Edo period to the shrine after the war. The format is a crane turtle style dry landscape garden with a series of three heads and shoulders of the dead waterfall, and a large chozubachi in front of the Shoin is impressive. Gokonomiya is a well in the precincts of Gokonomiya Shrine, which is related to Toyotomi Hideyoshi and others. It is said that good fragrant water sprang up during the Heian period, and is the representative of Fushimi Seven Famous Waters. Although it died in the Meiji era, the well was dug down and restored. It has the same water vein as the water used for Fushimi sake, and is crowded with people who fetch water every day. Designated as one of the 100 best waters of the Ministry of the Environment.
Sotetsu is a cycad family in front of the main shrine of Gokonomiya Shrine. It is planted on a low embankment across the approach road from east to west in the south garden of the main shrine, and the surrounding area is covered with stone pillars. Cycads are gymnosperms that are distributed in the subtropics and are usually covered in winter, but the cycads here overwinter, flower and bear fruit without a cover. City registered natural monument. The camellia is a camellia near the assembly hall on the left side of the approach to Gokonomiya Shrine. Kobori Enshu, who was the first Fushimi magistrate, praised “probably no other camellia better than this”, and there is a camellia that continues to bloom under the name “probably camellia”. The height is more than 3m, and it is a dish of red and white camellia, and the flowers bloom late (late March to late April). There will be no special release in close proximity for the time being. Seen from the approach.
Ohashi family garden
The Ohashi family garden, where Kyoto’s oldest Suikinkutsu echoes an elegant tone for over 100 years, is located north of Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine, and Jihei Ohashi, whose family business was a prime contractor who handles fresh fish in Setouchi, has been in the Taisho 2 since the end of the Meiji era. In the garden of the villa that was landscaped over the years, many garden stones including 11 stone lanterns collected as a hobby under the supervision of the 7th generation Ogawa Jihei (Ueji), who was close to him, are arranged in harmony with the structure of the tatami room. It is an open-air garden where you can enjoy the view.
Suikinkutsu is an acoustic device that doubles as a drainage device devised in the Edo period. When a jar with a hole in the bottom is buried upside down in the soil, the water that flows from the hole during hand washing falls to the surface of the water that collects underneath. It is to enjoy the deep and clear sound that echoes in. It is said that the name “Moss Ryoiwa” was given by Hitoe Ohashi in prayer for the “big catch” of Amimoto, who had a close relationship with him.
JR Inari Station Lamp Hut
A lamp and kerosene hut used by trains for lighting when the former Tokaido Line opened in 1879 (Meiji 12). The oldest building of the former Japanese National Railways, a quasi-railway memorial. It is about 8 square meters and exhibits the timetable, fare table, train taillights, etc. at that time.
Fushimi Ginza trace
1, 2, 3, 4 chome, Ginza-cho, Fushimi-ku. The silver coin foundry issued by Ieyasu Tokugawa in Fushimi in May 1601 (Keicho 6) the following year after winning the Battle of Sekigahara. At that time, Fushimi was Japan’s largest castle town and central political city. Currently, Ginza Town is located in Ryogaecho 5-8. At Ginza 1-chome, there is a stone monument and a guide board showing the remains of Ginza. Right next to Keihan Railway Fushimi-Momoyama.
Toba Rikyu Ruins
Takeda, Nakajima, Shimotoba, Fushimi-ku. In the latter half of the Heian period, Emperor Shirakawa, Toba, and Go-Shirakawa had a cloister rule built by them. With Tobaden. A garden pond, each shrine, and a temple tower were lined up on a vast site 1.5 km east-west and 1 km north-south. Currently, only Anrakujuin, Shirakawa, Toba, Konoe Emperor’s Mausoleum, Jonangu, and Autumn Mountain (artificial hill) are left. Historic park. Right next to the city bus Jonangu Road.
Jonangu Shrine Shinen Rakusuien
The garden “Rakusuien” that surrounds the elegant shrine built in the style of the late Heian period is the spring mountain that is said to be the remains of an artificial hill in the palace period, and the gardens of Heian, Muromachi, Momoyama, and Jonan. It is composed of the garden of the Jonan Rikyu, which expresses the appearance of the Rikyu, and is a collection of the best of Japanese gardens of each era. You can learn about various garden styles and experience the elegant atmosphere. In addition, you can see the flowers of 100 kinds of plants and trees that appear in “The Tale of Genji” in the garden, and you can enjoy the atmosphere of each season. The “Wind Stream Party” held in spring and autumn is set in the garden of Heian.
The three stones of the Sanson stone group, which were created with straight and diagonal stones in the garden of Komyō-in, are in a position that can be viewed from both the main hall and the Shoin, which are arranged in a hook shape. Designed by Mirei Shigemori. The pond-style dry landscape garden that spreads out in front of Hojo was designed in 1945 at the same time as Tofukuji Hojo Garden, and is an early masterpiece of Mirei. Instead of Hojo Garden, a large number of stones are placed in a Heian-style state beach-type dead pond. The garden is created with the theme of light, named after the temple name, and standing stones are lined up diagonally like the light of a Buddha from three three-pointed stone groups composed of white sand representing the ocean.
Fushimi Momoyama Castle
Fushimi Castle is a Japanese castle located in the current Momoyama district of Fushimi Ward, Kyoto City. The Momoyama district of Fushimi is located at the southernmost tip of the hills that extend from Higashiyama, and Ogura Pond spreads to the south, and it was a strategic location connecting Osaka and Kyoto by water transportation.
Fushimi Castle was built three times, and the first castle was Fushimi Shigetsu because Toyotomi Hideyoshi made it a residence after retiring in August 1592 (the first year of Bunroku) after the start of the Korean troop dispatch (role of Bunroku). Construction started (currently around Elder Yasushi, Momoyama-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto). The one built at this time is called Shigetsu Fushimi Castle, and the one that was later rebuilt on Mt. Kibata (Momoyama Hill) is called Kibatayama Fushimi Castle. Furthermore, Kibatayama Fushimi Castle is called Fushimi Castle during the Toyotomi period. It is divided into the Tokugawa period, which was rebuilt by Ieyasu Tokugawa after it was burnt down in the battle of the castle. Fushimi Castle during the Toyotomi period has a gorgeous style.
The current castle ruins were destroyed in the early Edo period, and later became the Imperial Household’s royal land in the Meiji era, and became the Emperor Meiji Momoyama Mausoleum and the Empress Shoken Momoyama East Mausoleum, so it is not easy to investigate the remains. There are many unclear points, but an estimated restoration is being attempted.
Momoyama Imperial Mausoleum
Located in Kojoyama, Momoyama-cho, Fushimi-ku, on July 30, 1912 (Meiji 45), the Emperor Meiji of the Demise of the Crown is buried. September 11, 1912 (Taisho 1) Completion of tomb construction. The location of the tomb is the site of the former Fushimi Castle Honmaru, and the burial mound is on the south side of the castle tower. Misasagi is 127 meters east-west and 155 meters north-south. At the site of Nagoya Castle on the east side, there is the Toryokoto Momoyama of Empress Shoken. 1.5 km in front of Kintetsu Railway Momoyama Goryo, 500 meters from Keihan Railway Momoyama South Exit.
Teradaya is a boat inn in Fushimi. On April 23, 1862, 35 people including Satsuma Domain Shinshichi Arima (1825-62) and Kampaku Kujo Hisatada (1798-1871) gathered in a plan to kill Kyoto Shoshidai. The Satsuma domain sent the feudal lords to suppress them, but they fought each other, and nine people including Arima died (Teradaya riot). Ryoma Sakamoto (1835-67) was also attacked by the Fushimi Magistrate’s Office on New Year 21st, 1866, but escaped the difficulties. Teradaya was damaged by the Battle of Toba-Fushimi (1868) and burned down. The current building was subsequently rebuilt.
Fushimi Magistrate’s Site
One of the distant magistrates of the Edo Shogunate. Monitor Fushimi’s civil affairs, guarding the Imperial Palace, and Saigoku Daimyo. 1666 (Kanbun 6) Tadashi Mizuno is the first magistrate. During the Battle of Toba-Fushimi, the Shinsengumi fought a fierce battle with the Satsuma army here. From the Meiji era to the end of the war, it became the site of 16 battalions of army engineers, and after the war, it became the Toryo Danchi after passing through the garrison of the stationed forces. A monument in the housing complex. 200 meters in front of Kintetsu Railway Momoyama Goryo.
Fushimi Yoshi Civil Affairs
Fushimi Bugyo in 1785 Fushimi Bugyo directly appealed to the shogunate for the bad politics of Masakata Kobori, saved the suffering of the townspeople of Fushimi, and called himself Fushimi Yoshimin, including Kusuke Bunju, who had a miserable end. This monument was built in 1887, and the inscription is written by Katsu Kaishu and the title is written by Sanjo Sanetomi. A memorial service is held every year on May 18th by the Fushimi Yoshimin Monument Preservation Society.
The monument of Miyoshimin is inside the Gokonomiya Shrine in Fushimi Ward. 1785 (Tenmei 5) Fushimi Bugyo In response to the tyranny of Masakata Kobori, seven people, including Fushimi townspeople Bunshu Kyusuke and Maruya Kyubei, who turned around and appealed directly to the Edo Shogunate Jisha-bugy, The complaint was finally approved, and the government was dismissed. The hardships of the people of Fushimi were saved, but seven of them had already died during the debate, and a tomb and a memorial monument erected in 1887 (Meiji 20) (Sanjo Sanetomi’s amount, Katsu Kaishu’s text) stand in the shrine precincts. ..
A stone Buddha of about 1 meter stands on the roadside of Fukakusa Daimon-cho, Fushimi-ku. It is famous in Kyoto for its benefits for toothache. Postcards praying for healing of toothache were sent from all over the country and piled up in a small hall. Dedicated chopsticks as a thank you. A memorial service is held mainly by the local Fukakusa Inari Hokatsukai, which is named after the dental caries prevention day (June 4th). Keihan Railway Fushimi Inari 300 meters. (641-0556 Fukakusa Inari Hokatsukai, Mr. Murakami)
Yodo Castle Ruins
The castle during the Warring States period was built in the yard north of the current castle ruins. Later, Toyotomi Hideyoshi rebuilt it as Yodo-kun’s production site, but it was abandoned due to the construction of Fushimi Castle. After that, in 1623 (Genna 9), Matsudaira Sadatsuna built it in its current position. Defeated after the Meiji Restoration. A part of Honmaru Ishigaki and Uchimoat remains as a remnant of the past. Right next to Keihan Railway Yodo.
Misu Lock and Fushimi Minato Square
There are “Fushimi Minato Square” full of greenery such as cherry blossoms, “Ujigawa Observatory Spot” overlooking the streets of Fushimi, “Misukamon Museum” where many materials explaining the history of Sansukanmon are exhibited, and so on. The Panama Canal welcomes you dynamically.
Toba Fushimi Battlefield
The place where the Shogunate army and the government army (Satcho Alliance) fought in 1868 (Keio 4) in the Toba-Fushimi area (currently Fushimi Ward). Dissatisfied with the court’s actions after the Taisei Hokan, the Shogunate army opened the war with the government army on the evening of January 3 of this year at the Saeda Bridge over the Kamo River. The fierce battle for three days caused many casualties, but it ended with the rout of the Shogunate army. The monument is located east of Koedabashi in Akiyama-cho, Nakajima, Fushimi-ku. Right next to the city bus Jonangu Road.
Tangjin Ganki monument
Fushimi Ward Noso is a transportation hub connecting the Yodo River and Kyoto, where there was a boat landing. The Tangjin is an envoy from the continent, the Joseon Tongsinsa, and has a record of visiting Japan 12 times from 1607 (Keicho 12) to 1811 (Culture 8). The ganki has a wooden staircase that resembles a row of geese. There is a stone monument in front of Miyamae Bridge at the southern end of the yard. Right next to the city bus Nosocho.
Kyocera Fine Ceramics Building
A facility opened by Kyocera Corporation in 1998 where you can learn about Kyocera’s main product, “Fine Ceramics.” In addition to exhibiting the development process of fine ceramic technology, we will also introduce surprising usage methods such as the asteroid explorer “Hayabusa” and parts used in the deep sea of about 11,000 m. There is also a corner where you can compare the weight and hardness of substances such as metal and stainless steel and learn their characteristics and uses. Let’s see, touch and experience Kyocera’s latest technology.
Laurel Crown Okura Memorial Hall
A museum that introduces Fushimi’s sake brewing techniques and the history of sake in an easy-to-understand manner. Ancient sake brewing tools designated as Kyoto City’s tangible folk cultural property are exhibited in the order of the process, and you can see them together with a number of historical materials that tell the history from the founding of the laurel wreath. Sake brewing songs that the craftsmen have sung are played in the hall, recreating the atmosphere of the former sake brewery. It is a place where you can feel the sake culture rooted in this area. After the tour, you can sample ginjo sake and plum wine in the lobby. At the “Gekkeikan Sake Kobo” in the built-in sake brewery adjacent to the courtyard, Mr. Tajima-ryu Mori still brews sake using the old-fashioned method.
Kizakura Memorial Hall
A memorial hall where you can understand anything about sake and kappa. Sake brewing is introduced in the video panel diorama exhibition. In addition, you can see the materials and photos of Kappa, the character of yellow cherry blossoms, and the commercials of yellow cherry blossoms from the 1955’s.
Kizakura Kappa Country
A nostalgic TV commercial, the Kizakura Memorial Hall where you can find out anything about sake and kappa. “Kizakura Beer”, which became the sword of Kyoto craft beer, limited sake that can only be purchased here, and many other attractive products are available at Kizakura Shoten, which conveys the deliciousness and enjoyment of sake. “Kappa Tengoku” is a Kizakura bar where you can truly enjoy the seasonal vegetables and seasonal colors of Kizakura beer and famous sake prepared in Fushimizu.
Fujinomori Shrine Treasure Hall
The treasure hall, which opened in 1989, contains devoted old armor and exhibits about 100 of them. In the exhibition room, there are various matchlock guns, horse-riding guns, special guns with a large cylinder and nine gun bodies, armor such as purple Silky Ōyoroi, which is an important cultural property, and swords such as Sanjo Kojimune’s recent work. Exhibited in an orderly manner. Equine Museum of Japan (since November 1996). Exhibits miniature local stubborn horses from Japan and around the world.
Kyoto Tachibana Junior and Senior High School Reference Room
Opened in 1985 to commemorate the 85th anniversary of Kyoto Tachibana Gakuen. The exhibits are classified into those related to the school and the relics excavated during the excavation at the time of relocation. The school-related exhibits center on valuable photographs from the time since the school was founded in 1902, as well as the school register of the Meiji era, prewar and postwar textbooks, and the transition of school uniforms. .. In terms of relics, along with the haniwa from the Kofun period and the Sue pottery from the Nara period, there are 35 gorgeous relics such as the “demon tile”, “gold leaf eaves round tile”, and “Tenme tea bowl” from the Fushimi castle ruins of the Momoyama period. A map of Fushimi Castle and the castle of Fushimi is also on display.
Fushimi Castle Ruins Excavated Relics Exhibition Room
The exhibition room for relics excavated from the ruins of Fushimi Castle is set up in a section of the office of Gokonomiya Shrine, and some of the tiles excavated during sewerage work and excavation of Fushimi Castle are open to the public. There are more than 100 items on display, including eaves-maru tiles with the family crest of the daimyo mansion, fragments of shachi from Fushimi Castle, and elaborate turtle shell decoration tiles whose purpose is not clear. Among them, gold leaf tiles with family crests are rarely excavated and are the coveted target of collectors.
Nogi Shrine Treasure Museum
The storehouse-style treasure hall, which was built at the same time as the construction of Nogi Shrine in 1916, includes books written by General Nogi, items used daily by the general and Mrs. Shizuko, magazines of the same period, and photographs. Over a hundred items are on display.
Events / festivals
Regular festival (cool)
Operation of sightseeing boat Jukkokubune
Gokonomiya Tea Festival
Hassaku Festival Horakukai, Kuze Rokusai Nenbutsu
Winding stream party
Mizuguchi sowing festival
Fujimori Festival / Suma Shinto ritual
The beginning of the bow
Direction deities festival
Jonangu Nanakusa-gayu Day
Go through the Kaya ring of your car
Kyoto antique fair
Kaya no Wakuro / Ningyo Nagashi
Gohonzon Gokaicho Hosho
Kaya no Wa Shinto ritual
Annual festival dedication event
Brush memorial service
Fushimi Yoshimin Festival
Kisshoin Rokusai Nenbutsu
Rice planting festival
Fujinomori Shrine Hydrangea Garden